Sunday, March 1, 2009

Updates...

So, I'm 24 weeks now! Feeling pretty good, other than some achy hips and back. My last OB visit went fine (except for the part where I'm supposed to 'slow down' my weight gain....) Oh well.

I feel the little guy every day now. He likes to bounce on my bladder and kick my pelvis... I saw my belly move for the first time the other day. I guess I'm going to need to work on my automatic verbal responses before the kid gets here, because I saw my belly move and yelled "Holy S***" to Tony....gotta work on that. :) Tony got to feel the baby move for the first time the day after that, so he's pretty excited about that. No more Aliens movies for a while though....creepy!!

On an exciting, non baby note...we get to see Jason Mraz in concert in May!! He's coming to KC and we bought ourselves tickets to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary (not til June, but it's a week after my due date, so I don't think we'll be going out on our anniversary.) I'm so excited!!!

We started our first art project for the kiddo. Tony saw a mirror online that he really liked that had etchings of animals in it, so we bought the stuff to do it ourselves and did test runs with small, cheap mirrors. They came out pretty cute, I think we'll have to incorporate the hippo and monkey into the final piece. The picture's not very good, but it's hard to get my camera to focus on the etchings since it is an auto focus thing. :)


Not much else going on, we got some snow yesterday, but it will probably be gone in a couple days. :(
Tony's birthday is this week....still not sure what we're doing, yet. :)

Hope everyone has a good day!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Those look so cool!!!!! :) Great job and I can't wait to see pics of the whole nursery!!!!

Emily said...

Wow--awesome mirrors!! Those turned out far better than what I was thinking (no offense!). I'd say you definitely got your $12 worth with the etching stuff. I wonder how I could put quotes on the mirrors in my living room...

Glad Tony finally got to feel Owen! That's gotta be the best birthday gift ever.

Love the blog!
me