I'm 21 weeks now! Sometimes (not every day) I feel the little guy moving. It feels like a fish flopping around in my abdomen. So weird! I get very impatient to feel the next movement, which may not come for days!!
I cry a lot more often now than before I was pregnant. Darn hormones! Yesterday, I was taking cupcakes with me to work, and the container of frosting fell down the stairs. There was frosting all over the walls, front door and rug. I stood at the top of the stairs staring at the mess (and loss of delicious frosting) and just cried!
I have emotional freak outs at least once a week. They usually revolve around the baby and being a Mom. I feel really badly about these, because Tony tries to but can't usually make me feel better at those times, but I just can't stop them! On that note, if anyone is not at least a little terrified about being a parent and having a tiny life that they are responsible for, then it is my opinion that they obviously have not really thought about it!
We've been trying to put together a registry for baby stuff, but there are so many different brands of things and so many things in general...
Most of my shirts don't really fit any more, but I hate shopping for clothes! And the maternity sections at our local stores just stink!!
OK, I think I'm done venting. Don't get me wrong; I love being pregnant (mostly!) and am grateful that everything is going so well, but I just feel overwhelmed some days. Yesterday (after the frosting incident) I was having one of those days, so I peeked at the kiddo with the ultrasound at work and he was grabbing his toes with his hands. So cute! It made me feel a lot better to see him playing around in there!
We have the colors for the nursery almost picked out. Just a few minor changes. Everyone will have to wait for it to be done to see, though!
The baby still does not have a name. Right now, I am leaning towards Quinn, and it's growing on Tony. We'll see.
On a non-baby note, Tony and I celebrated the 10th anniversary of when we started dating. We celebrate every year, instead of doing Valentine's day. Tony (I love that he cooks!!) made pancakes with apple cinnamon syrup for breakfast. Then he made homemade chicken fettuccine Alfredo for dinner. He even bought some sparking grape juice. :) I made chocolate cake for desert (yum!). We tested paint colors in the nursery and had a nice lazy day to celebrate.
Well, I guess that's enough rambling for one day. I should do some laundry, but I'm feeling very lazy and unmotivated...
Hope everyone is doing well and having a good day!
1 comment:
Dude--what a freakin' awesome anniversary... Tony is a great guy, you got lucky, you know. ;)
Hormones suck any time, but being pregnant sounds rough on the old emotions. Not even born yet and already the cause of so much grief... ;) You'll pay him back, I'm sure. lol.
And cupcakes? I didn't get any cupcakes... *sniffles*
Post a Comment