I have my next OB visit in a couple days. Last time I had my glucose test for gestational diabetes and they tested my iron levels. No news is good news with them, and I didn't get a call, so everything is good! I'm doing pretty well. My belly is definitely getting bigger, and it's getting harder to get up and down (especially at work!). I get a little short of breath sometimes because the boy's taking up more room and pushing my organs around even more! But overall, I think I'm doing really well! The past week, the kiddo has been such a squirmy little thing! He's moving around a lot, flipping and turning and kicking! It's so much fun and very strange at the same time! As of this Sunday, we have only 2 months left!!! The end is nearing, and it makes me very excited and very nervous!!
We have been attending a Childbirth class at the hospital, which has been very informative. We learned a lot and had a good time. (Although we both started laughing during our 'relaxation techniques' portion :) We had a tour of the birthing center at the hospital where I will be delivering at the last class, and it was great! The place is awesome and reminds me of a nice hotel more than a hospital in looks, but still has all the great monitoring and everything I would expect of the hospital!
We have also finished painting the nursery and assembled the crib!! It definitely looks like a little kid's room now and not just a spare bedroom! We are very proud of it! Tony took a long time making sure the stripe was level, and the trees took me a long time to paint, but I love it!
Other than that, things are good at home. My job is going well. Tony actually has a new job next year. In addition to still teaching a couple classes, he will be the instructional coach for the high school. It's very exciting! In case you don't know what that is (I didn't!), basically, he is in charge of the new teachers. He is a resource for them, helping them with lessons, discipline, etc. He will also lead all of the seminars and such for those teachers. I think of it as helping new teachers be better teachers, which I think he will be great at!
I'm recuperating from getting another crown on a tooth. :( I cracked the another lower molar on the other side. So, two crowns in 6 months...yuck!
Well, have a great day!
1 comment:
We still read your blog and I love it!!!! :) Love the pictures too! :)
Post a Comment