Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Other random updates

Let's see...the only other big news I have is that the girls at work threw me a surprise baby shower at work last week (the same day as the Mraz concert!!). I work with an awesome group of people, and it was really sweet of them (and a couple other friends who came!)! We got to have Olive garden for lunch, yum! And then they had the break room all decorated, complete with safari baby decor and cupcakes, yum again! We got really nice gifts from everyone; thank you, thank you!!

We also got a baby gift from Tony's coworkers. They got together and gave us a card and a very nice gift of cash! :) We used it to help buy a glider/ottoman for the nursery. It is a fantastic chair that we have both already napped in. :) Thank yous to all the people who helped with that gift!

My parents also sent us a present: they bought the stroller/car seat travel system we wanted! Thank you so much!! It's already assembled, we just have to install the car seat bases. :)

I had my first Mother's Day this weekend. My mom sent a 'bouquet' made of fake flowers and baby clothes. Too cute! Tony (even though instructed not to) bought me roses. :) Gotta love that guy! I have a hard time thinking of myself as a mother yet, but as my hubby points out: do you feed him, shelter him and love him? Then of course you're a mom! Point taken. :)

As I am getting bigger and it is getting harder for me to do some things easily (stupid shoelaces!), I decided Quinn should know that it was getting close to time for him to come out. So we had a conversation (albeit, a decidedly one-sided conversation) in which I told him he has until Father's Day to be born. That gives him a couple days past my due date, which I think is perfectly fair. :)

Well, I think that's enough posts for one day. I will really try to update again soon. :) In the meantime, here are some pics for the day.

All the baby shower presents sitting in our new glider chair!

My baby clothes bouquet from Mom on Mother's Day!

Have a great day, everyone!

No comments: