We are currently expecting our first baby! I am 12 weeks along right now.
The first trimester went pretty well, I think. I was very tired for a few weeks early on, and I had pretty constant nausea for about 5 weeks, but I feel much better now! I've been to the OB twice so far, and everything is going fine! My lab work all came back normal, except I have no titer for Toxoplasmosis, so I have to be a little more careful at work handling cat "samples". Not a big problem with how often I wash my hands!
I have gotten two ultrasounds at the OB, due to some minor issues early on. They wanted to make sure the pregnancy wasn't ectopic. Once again, everything is fine! We heard the heartbeat with the portable Doppler at the last visit, heart rate was 142 and beautiful!
I also have the bonus of having access to an ultrasound machine at work, and I have taken advantage of that a couple of times!
It is still strange to think of another person growing inside of me, and some days it doesn't seem real. But my belly has started to change, and seeing that little person on the ultrasound just blows me away.
I think that should sum up the first trimester pretty well. I will try to update this to keep everyone posted, and I'll post some pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment